From Social Patterns
User receives an invitation from a friend or connection to join a site.
- Use when the experience is enhanced by having a network of connections.
- Use when growth of the service is dependent on friends of friends.
- Use when you want to supplement traditional user acquisition with user based referrals.
- The invitation should have personal messaging from the sender.
- The sender should be clearly identified to the recipient.
- The benefits of joining and participating should be clearly articulated to the recipient.
- A very clear Call to Action button or link should be available for the recipient to easily step right into the site to try it out.